This position is no longer vacant
Are you ready to lead a part of our fleet?
Open position: Vessel Manager
Being a Vessel Manager in Grieg Star is all about being a leader. Of course, we expect you to be technically savvy. We expect you to know how to run a project smoothly. But most of all, we expect you to lead our crews in their pursuit of building the world’s most efficient, sustainable, and reliable Open Hatch fleet.
If you are a great candidate for this position, you love to dive down into the details in running a ship. But at the same time, you see the whole picture. You see patterns in how a ship operates, know how to predict development, and how to transfer knowledge from one vessel to another.
- Technical and financial management of a group of vessels
- Prepare and follow up action plans, monitor maintenance and budget – including the planning of dry dockings.
- Follow up flag state, class, and customer requirements
- Monitoring and improving vessel performance
- Coordinating daily operations between vessels, management, and client.
- Master or Bachelor degree, preferably within marine technology or engineering OR higher maritime education and experience as an engineer or navigational officer.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Use of digital tools comes naturally to you
- A strong command of English and any of the Scandinavian languages, both verbally and written.
- Diligent, Curious, Organized
Our values are Solid, Open, Proud, and Committed. Our sustainability purpose is to restore the oceans to their former glory. And we hope you share our values and purpose.
All our Vessel Managers work in set teams together with purchasers and HSQE personnel.
The position is located in Bergen, Norway, and reports to VP Fleet.
Apply as soon as possible. We will evaluate candidates continuously.