Grieg Star is part of the privately owned Grieg Group, established in 1884, and is a ship owning, managing and operating company. Grieg Star operates a fleet of around 40 vessels transporting parcel cargo, break bulk and dry bulk cargo. More than 30 vessels belong to our open hatch fleet. In addition, the company operates several dry bulk Supramax carriers, owned and chartered long term. All Grieg Star vessels are a part of the G2 Ocean pool, the world’s biggest shipping company within the Open Hatch segment.
We employ approximately. 740 persons, of which 90 are shore-based and 650 at sea.
Grieg Star headquarters are located in Bergen, Norway. Our Finance and Legal Department is located in Oslo, as well as our subsidiary, Grieg Green.
Grieg Star recruits seafarers exclusively from the Philippines through our manning office Grieg Philippines, located in Manila.
Since our beginning in 1961 we took part in the fast-growing worldwide trade in wood pulp and paper. These commodities originally accounted for most of our business. However, as the benefits of our specialised ships became evident, other industries have also come to prefer our service.
As part of the Grieg Group we share common values and a commitment to corporate responsibility, ethical business conduct and the environment.
Grieg Star’s specialised ships are built to meet our customers’ high quality requirements and to deliver superior cargo care. Highly qualified seafarers, trained for our operations, man the ships. A high return rate among the crew is emphasised to ensure familiarity with the ships and operational requirements.
Grieg Star focuses on long-term competence development both onboard and ashore. In-house ship management ensures safe and efficient operation. Safety and security of employees, the environment, cargoes and ships have the highest priority.
Grieg Star – a solid and dynamic partner!
Create lasting value
through our common effort
The values apply to all companies within the Grieg Group.
We wish to be recognised as:
- We want to be proud of our business, its methods, products and results.
- We assume responsibility for a solid brand name an a good working environment
- We contribute to the welfare of our society
- We emphasise the importance of having a strong economic foundation and a long term approach to our business
- We strive towards quality and competence and act on sound ethical principles
- We stay by our commitments
- We inform, invite and include
- We are honest, speak clearly and direct
- We are open minded and regard integrity and respect as indisputable requirement
- We are committed to the same vision, mission, values and objectives as well as the interests of our stakeholders
- We take great interest in our job and working environment, building a strong and including company culture
- We accept responsibility for the environment and the society